SHARP Summer Camp will focus on the following areas and there is a field trip each week.
We utilize the brand new FBC Pulliam Gymnasium for rock climbing, sports, fitness and games!
Be creative in making art projects by exploring different art materials.
Assistive Technology & Science
Explore the technological world from iPads to computer braille and participate in exciting science experiments!
Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC) and Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
Advocacy, career exploration, braille, time management, cleaning, hygiene, cooking, and O&M instruction through fun, hands on activities!
How do I know if this program is right for my child?
We’ve established the following criteria for program participants:
- Your child has a documented visual impairment
- They are attending grades kindergarten through high school
- Your child is independent (must be able to eat, toilet and dress themselves)
- Your child must be able to communicate independently via verbal, sign and or with a communication device
- Able to actively participate in a group setting without negatively impacting other group participants. In appropriate behaviors include:
• Elopement (running away)
• Physical aggression
• Displays of consistent defiant behavior
(This includes but is not limited to the following: constant refusal to stand in line, constant refusal to participate in a variety of activities, constant refusal to abide by program rules.)
- Your child does not require constant supervision by a qualified health aide or nurse
“I LIKE MEETING OTHER KIDS LIKE ME AND GYMNASTICS.”
“I HAD SO MUCH FUN WHEN WE WENT ON FIELD TRIPS!”
“I REALLY LIKE COOKING AT SHARP, NOW I CAN MAKE MY OWN LUNCH.”
JUNE 5TH - JUNE 29TH
Monday through Thursday 9:00am - 2:00pm
SHARP is Extended School Year (ESY) and DDD qualified. Once you register, let your case manager know that your child will be coming to FBC for summer program.
Register online or by phone
MARCH 1ST - MAY 1ST
To register by phone, call (602) 337-8258
PROGRAM COST IS $125 PER WEEK
Financial assistance may be available upon request.
If you need help with transportation we have van pick up/drop off points all over the valley. We do not offer door to door transportation. Transportation is provided at an additional cost of $15.00 per week.